Saturday, September 11, 2010

Muskoka 70.3 DELTA FAIL

Friday September 10, 2012

This is the race site.  What a treat to get to stay here.  I will be bringing Sunny back for sure.
Headed out early to the airport this morning for some routine travel.  Thanks to Brad Hess at MyMark my flight and hotel were all taken care of.  Thanks guys!! Went to check in with my favorite airlines and had a bad feeling about the "customer service" agent I had the pleasure of dealing with, he had a chip on his shoulder right from the word go.  He asked if my box was a bike and I said yes.  He punched some buttons and comes back with "That will be $290 dollars."  I kindly informed him that he pushed one too many buttons and that that the charge was only $200 dollars.  He proceeded to tell me that I needed to talk to someone with a "keyboard" (my first sign he was incompetent, Delta doesn't trust him with a keyboard) if I disagreed with the charge.  I went to another kiosk where it went like clockwork like it should have the first time.  The kind lady said $200 dollars please (which still upsets me and is double the next closest competitor).  I paid the money and headed to my gate.

On my way to the gate I had to cross paths with the first guy that "tried" to help me.  He yells across his counter at me and asks how much I was charged with this cocky attitude like he knew I was gonna say $290 dollars.  I stopped and told him with as much swagger as I could muster up "$200 dollars just like I told you.  And here's is a tip for when this happens in the future."  Start any conversation like this and you can imagine the response I got.  To keep a long story short this "trained customer service" agent had troubles composing himself.  He was so agitated by the advise that was coming out of my mouth that he took his tie off, undid his top button and came around the counter.  I had gotten under this guys skin so bad that he needed a break and wanted to do a "stare down" with me.  I laughed at him and complimented him on his excellent customer service skills.  The people around us were now laughing as this guys lack of control.  I chuckled and make my way to my gate. 

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful.  I arrived in Toronto Canada at about 6:30, snagged my car and headed to Muskoka which was about a 2 hour drive.  I found the resort, check in and crashed in my room almost immediately.  Tomorrow I meet the guys from TSN to be interviewed.  Should be a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh snap... I'd love to hear your "future tip" for the dude without a keyboard. I'm sure it was very informative...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flying Delta with a bike is a complete nightmare. Imagine my horror when I was told it would be $80 by a phone agent and getting to the airport and being slapped with a $200 one-way charge to get to FL 70.3. I almost cried. Instead I was angry. On my return flight the ticket agent told me that the lady at check-in had made a note that I was angry and threatening to her and swearing at her. WTF!!! So they totally made notes about me on my itinerary! Of course I was mad, it cost me $400 to fly my bike but only $179 for myself :( But I never directed it at her. Basically, I'm never flying Delta with a bike again. And I have elite status with them. Ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bahaha! Love the Delta guy smackdown, that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete