Saturday, October 16, 2010

Austin Texas - Race #20

Austin Texas!
Friday October 15, 2010
This was a great few weeks off from racing. I was able to spend some good time playing with kids and just hanging out with the family. I also did some pretty key workouts that will hopefully translate into some performance gains in Clearwater next month.

I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I made it through the coed softball season injury free (I had a few people worried with this activity... Jess) The bad news is we were eliminated from the tournament on Wednesday. Made me sad!

This weekend I find myself headed to Austin Texas. I have a long time friend Al Wood and his family there ready to host. They are gracious enough to take me in and be my biggest fans in Texas.

The weekend activities will include;

Friday - hanging with friends
Saturday - check in and chill out
Sunday - race and become the world record holder. I'm sorry, what?
Monday - Early morning tee time with Al to celebrate.

I was greeted at the airport by Big Al. We headed to his place where we had some dinner and just chilled.

Saturday October 16, 2010

Slept in and had a great night sleep. Snagged some breakfast, built my bike and headed to the local bike shop in Austin. I needed some Co2 and some Gu for the ride tomorrow. I also needed some air for the old HED tires (thanks www.PowerTri.com) Got all squared away and went to the expo and check in. Flew through check in and quickly found the swim start and mandatory bike check in.

I'm pumped for the race!!! Big Al and I snagged some wings and watched the Texas Nebraska football game.

Tomorrow we dance...




The Wood family- thanks guys!



I guess I'll take this risk...

1 comment: