Saturday, August 7, 2010

Boulder 70.3 In good company!

After getting home from my double weekend I decided I wanted to not do any workouts this week.  I just rested and stayed off my feet as much as possible.  It was actually a hard thing to do.  My friends and training partners kept inviting me and I had to turn them down.  But I think it will pay off and hopefully I will be able to perform this weekend with a sub five hour race.


After a long travel weekend last week I wanted to spend some extra time with my family, so I invited them to come to Boulder with me.  We found sitters for my 3 littlest ones (thanks you sitters) and loaded up my other two daughters and friend Cole (a boy we sit).  This made the drive much more enjoyable.  The kids just sat in the back and were entertained by movies, and my wife and I chatted about how fast she is which made the drive go by quickly.   We arrived in Colorado late in the evening with no troubles.  My good friend and Ironman buddy Brent Fowler was kind enough to let us crash in his condo while is out of town training to be a doctor.

Woke up today after a great night sleep and and headed to check in.  As I went thought the motions Sunny and the kids went down to the lake side beach and did some swimming.  I got all checked in and then went and rode some of the course on my Ellsworth bike.  I was hearing a clicking noise so I took the bike back to the expo and had it tuned up!  Taking my bike apart and putting it back together every weekend is a pain in my ass!!





At the expo I stopped by a booth called Compex.  They attached their system to my legs and let it run through a cycle.  This is an muscle performance enhancement system which uses electrostimulation.  It felt awesome and I think I need to look into one of these systems.  It would be awesome for post race recovery while I fly!  Check out the facts at shopcompex.com
I took Sunny back to the booth and she too agrees that the system felt awesome and says "we need one of these!"

I find myself back at the condo getting my gear ready to race tomorrow.  Thanks for all the support and best of luck to all the racers.  It should be a nice day and it will be nice to have my wife and some of my kids there to cheer me on.

This is my 13th race..... so why not donate 13 dollars... come on.... I dare you

DonateNow






No comments:

Post a Comment