Friday, March 26, 2010

The quest has begun.


It's go time! No more masters swim workouts, no more spin classes and seemingly endless indoor training rides, and certainly no more 3 hour treadmill runs. I'm in California for the first of 20, 70.3 races in 2010 and it's perfect. Woke up this morning to a beautiful ocean view and what's that...aaahhhh yaaaaa, no crying children. Thanks a million mom and dad. Today is race day registration and I am pumped to get down there, mix and mingle and see all what Oceanside has to offer. Mixed emotions of excitement, nervousness and the feeling of the "unknown". .. What is my body going to do? Have I done enough? I did notice that I am the very LAST wave to head out on Saturday... don't they know I'm slow.... now I have some pressure! With 1500 athletes in front of me, I'll have to get on my horse and ride - can't very well finish last in my first race. I am off to get in my last 30 min ride, then check in....
James
And athlete with a purpose....

No comments:

Post a Comment