Monday, July 19, 2010

Vineman 70.3 HALF WAY!


Friday 16, 1210

I threw the mattress and the bike in the back of the Highlander and headed out not 100% sure where I would be crashing this weekend. It was an 800 mile drive to the race in Northern California. I was excited for this weekends race for 2 reason;

1 - This marks the half way point of my journey in 2010 (still feeling fresh as a daisy)
2 - This was the home course of my very first Ironman in 2008 (hoping for some good energy)

I am a champ behind the wheel and plowed through this drive lik
e it was nothing. I enjoy solo travel in the car as it gives me great time to think and reflect on many things. I was able to think of things that I am grateful for and the reasons I am doing this project. I have listed just a few things I am blessed to have in my life at this time;

- My wife Sunny and my 5 amazing kids
- Water - kind of the whole purpose of this journey..
- My health
- My support system and sponsors
- The opportunity to even try this craziness
- My mom and dad for always believing in me and allowing me to do my thing even though it drives my dad nuts at times
- In Our Own Quiet Way for facilitating the work in Africa. Just look at the difference a dam makes.... you gotta love it!

I could go on but I will stop here.....

I arrived in Cali around 9pm. Just a few hours earlier I was texting back and forth with Roy from Ellsworth and he explained to me that I could crash in his hotel room. A text message sent from heaven. A quick unpack and off to bed. Expo and check in tomorrow~

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the coffee table book! Take some high rez pics!

    ReplyDelete