Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fun Filming and the 'Beast'


Ernie and I headed back to the hotel and met the rest of the film crew. With bike assembled and check-in complete we headed out to the jungle to shoot some final shots for the Extreme Tourist show. It was fun and interesting to see these guys set up the shots. It will be fun to see how they cut the final product for the show. I tried to stay off my feet as much as possible, as I was very tired and had very little sleep last night due to travel. We drove and found the ‘beast’ which is a .7 of a mile climb with grades up to 27%. On the web site they give advise as to special gearing configuration depending on your skill levels just for this .7 of a mile section of the course.



After filming we went back to downtown Christiansted to grab some food and give me a chance to see where transition would be. Get this...it wasn’t even all set up yet and the race was in the morning. There is only about 1/3 of the normal amount of athletes due to the travel difficulties. After some blackened chicken pasta by the ocean, we headed back to the rooms to crash - I was out in less than one minute which is rare the day before a race. I was just hammered!


No comments:

Post a Comment