Tuesday, May 18, 2010



Saturday May 15, 2010

I slept in without any worries of missing any deadlines. My hotel was really close to the race site and I had 'til 6pm to get all checked in. I walked back to Shoney's for a yummy omelet before returning to assemble my bike. I am getting pretty good at it and nailed it on the first try. With the use of my trusted iPhone I drove right to check-in, which was located at the Magic Kingdom Theme Park (Disney-world).

I breezed through check-in and decided to spend some extra time at the expo learning more about compression technology, both active and recovery. I'm sold! I have been using compression pants from Skins bought at Powertri.com for pre and post race recovery. I was given a pair of Zoot calf sleeves in Texas and in Florida got a pair of "active" 2XU compression sleeves. So far... I'm a fan. At the expo there was a booth where they were advertising a brand new 70.3 event, I guess I am just going to have to do it too- Puerto Rico. The race site looks awesome and the guys were super nice. They make me look like a midget in the picture though.

After seeing all I could see at the expo I made my way back to the hotel to get off my feet. I grabbed "Chi Running" (a book I am reading to try and improve my running) and headed down to the pool for some relaxation. Down at the pool I had a moment where I really missed my kids and wished they were here with me. The whole area is geared towards kids (duh, it's Mickey Mouse Land!) and my girls all love the princesses. Subway and Vitamin Water was on the menu for lunch and it was super tasty.

Once again I ate at Golden Corral. Feasting on my own is getting old. I would like invite anyone to dine with me at any events I go to. However, I had a good conversation with my sister from Canada where I invited her to do an Ironman with me in 2012. She has turned down the idea and that is ok with me. Ironman is not for everyone......

No comments:

Post a Comment