Thursday, May 20, 2010

Warm, Calm and slow.


Swim- 38:42

I had a hard time sleeping cause I was pumped for another 70.3.... and this is the best I have felt.

I used the coffee maker to heat up some water for this mornings dose of Rokitfuel. I grabbed my gear and headed to the Magic Kingdom for a fast day out on the race course. It was an uneventful check in with no issues. The winds were down the the skies were clear. It looked like it was going to be a perfect day.

I was in wave number 22 (last wave of the day) so I was able to watch all 2250
athletes take off for their day on the course. At 7:24 it was finally our time to get in the water and get going on our day. I jumped in and the water was super warm. I can see why they did not allow wetsuits. I am finally comfortable enough in the water so the "no wetsuit" issue didn't bother me. What bothers me is that I forgot my BlueSeventy skin suit again. I pounded through the swim with strength and confidence. I was super disappointed when I found out my time. When I spoke to my wife Sunny after the race
she said "When I saw your swim time I worried something was wrong." Nothing wrong.... just slow dear!

No comments:

Post a Comment