Monday, April 19, 2010

Air, Dead people, and Smart shopping.



With air in my tires and a city to see I decided to ride my bike downtown to the expo and mandatory athlete briefing. Along the way I saw many cool things; however the coolest thing I saw was this cemetery. I guess because the water table is so high (being below sea level and all) that they can’t bury people. So I guess they build these mini houses of massive granite structures and place the people in them. It was such an awesome site as I rode past it that I just had to stop and check it out. WOW!

After about 10 miles I made it to the host hotel for the expo and athlete briefing. Same old stuff really. I wanted to buy a jersey from each event but just can’t come up with the extra $80 - $100 dollars per race. So I am settling for a 1.49 sticker from each race - another great idea by my wife Sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment