Monday, April 19, 2010

One more day till the canon.



Surprisingly I slept very well last night. It was very quiet and I pretty much slept all the way through. They do say that the night before the night before is the most important - check. First thing I did this morning was assemble my bike... first go at this by myself. It went good for the most part and I think I got it together right - (needed a little help from a youtube video to make sure I hung the rear derailleur correctly.) I went to the main house to see if Jan has a bike pump.... no dice, so I asked her for a ride down to check in as I was sure there would be pumps I could use at the expo. She was washing her car and needed a half hour more. I decided to take a short walk and go see what these levies that failed when Katrina hit 5 years ago. On my way there I ran into a guy on his tri bike. I waved him down and asked if he lived close and if he had a bike pump. Turns out he lives 3 blocks from where I am staying and indeed he had a pump. I ran home, snagged my bike and took it to get some air. Great news - I also landed a ride race morning to T1 (wasn’t really sure how I was getting to the race as my hosts were working. Looks like things happen for a reason. Sure am glad Jan was washing yellow PT cruiser.

No comments:

Post a Comment