Friday, April 23, 2010

Houton...James has landed

This week was a strange one for me.... after returning home from New Orleans my legs felt fine from the race. I think the travel was harder on me than the actual race. I sat beside a person on the flight home who needed a belt extension... not good when sitting in a window seat. I couldn't move my leg and feel that that led to some tightness. Tuesday I was treated by my therapist Hayden at Muscle works. He said things felt good and prescribed rest, stretching and water before toeing the line again on Sunday the 25th. Following the treatment from Hayden I proceeded to an awesome massage from my friend Alicia Harris. This special person is donating her time and expert hands when needed. I mentioned that the week was strange as I didn't know if I was recovering or tapering..... mentally I will say tapering.

My only workouts this week prior to travel was two relaxed swims, a one hour spin, a 6 mile run and some yoga. I feel good and ready to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment