Friday, April 30, 2010

Good and Bad timing

April 30, 2010

I woke up in the middle of the night to tend to my son. When I stepped out of bed I nearly feel over as pain shot through my body. I guess I was slightly dehydrated and unfortunately now have 3 nasty cracks on my left foot. The dry Utah air doesn't help matters much either. I have 2 days to tend to these holes in my feet so that I can run.....fast. I need to load up on some prolytes! Can't let a few cracks break my sub 5 hour streak.

This afternoon I packed and saved myself 20 dollars. I successfully managed to get all of my gear and travel items into one carry on bag. OH YA!! I am learning how to travel on a budget! Remember I pass all funds donated to the cause, so being travel smart is essential since it's my moula.

Tonight it is time to travel again, destination - St Croix US Virgin Island. And yes I am excited about this weekends race. I will be greeted at the airport by Ernie Harker and the Extreme Tourist TV show crew. This weekend the show is doing a shoot there in St Croix. I convinced Ernie to do the 70.3 event with me. The show will be highlighting the Tri and Give a Dam project.

This afternoon I was helping a friend move some small furniture and I must have moved one of the pieces awkwardly as I can't look to the left at this point. Oh and left is the side I breath on when I swim. We shall see if I am ready to go Sunday morning. I would have thought my knees before foot cracks and back issues would slow me down.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you repair quickly!
    St Croix is pretty funky, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete