Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Big Island and macthing bike cases


OK, so I know it is Wednesday and I was hoping to have the Hawaii update up by now... but I have been super busy with the whole "Screw Delta" campaign (which was just suppose to be a fun video that landed on some pretty big websites - more on this later.) Here we go-

ALOHA! I arrived in Hawaii on the Big Island and was greeted by Colleen and Carvel- my kind hosts for the weekend. They greeted me with a cool Lei and a hug. I quickly grabbed my bike and headed to dinner. They treated me to OUTBACK which I love and true to form it was delicious!

I woke up very early (3:30am) because it was 5:30 am in Utah and the time I usually wake up to go train. I tossed around for a few hours then went downstairs to an awesome prepared breakfast - thank you Carvel! This was shaping up to be a great trip.

After breakfast I opened up my bike case to assemble my bike and oops it wasn't my bike. My heart quickly jumped into my throat and panic set in. I called my coach as I knew she would know exactly what to do, she always does. She suggested I call they race director and they would be able to help me locate the guy who was missing his bike. After a few stressful hours we located him, located my bike (still at the airport) and got the whole situation sorted out. Sorry Connor Hughes from Australia.

Found the host hotel and got all checked in for the race. Colleen and Carvel were very patient and carted me everywhere I needed to go. After we had everything all set to go my hosts took me on a scenic car ride around the island. The big island is very diverse and has many different types of landscape, each of them very pretty.

A homemade spaghetti dinner and off to bed for some much needed rest before race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment