Wednesday, June 30, 2010

TLubbock Texas Bike




After a smooth transition I headed out onto the bike course. The winds had picked up (shocking) and I was ready for a steady challenging 56 mile ride. This course had 8 challenging hills and as predicted by the bike tech my bike would not shift. So I left it in the big chain ring the whole time. I enjoyed this challenging ride and just kept a steady pace. With about 10 miles to go I noticed my knee position to not be favorable and I was loosing power. I looked at my seat post and noticed it had dropped over 2 inches putting me in a poor position. Again there was nothing I could do about it and just finished the race the best I could. To make matters worse the last long stretch was dead into the wind.

James 2:39:50
Keena 2:47:40

No comments:

Post a Comment