Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Race Day in Boise


The race start time is Boise is unique and the only one of it's kind on the 70.3 circuit. The race gun was set to go off at 2 pm. So we had the luxury of sleeping in and unlike other events there was zero sense of urgency to get to T1 and get ready. We enjoyed the hotel breakfast, gathered our things and headed to downtown Boise to place our things in T2. We relaxed a bit, and grabbed a sub (which was strange) before heading up to Lucky Peak Reservoir and do our final last minute race prep.

My friend Jess Brereton was super gracious and let me use his Felt DA while my Ellsworth bike was getting the final paint touches done to it. When I put my disk wheel on the bike (the only rear wheel I brought) I noticed that the brake was rubbing.... I took it to bike tech and they said the brakes were as loose as they could be and to fix the brake pads we would have to take off the crank. Then he told me he didn't have time to do that and handed me my bike.... 56 miles with a brake rubbing is a bad idea... just ask my good friend Heath Thurston. It looks like I was headed out on the course with no back break.

The energy was electric as all the athletes headed down to the water start. The weather at the reservoir was perfect and the crew was ready to go. In this picture racing for the Give a Dam Project from left to right is Eric Rose, Kyle Quist, Kyle Woodruff, James Lawrence, John Rose and Ryan Whiting. Go team! A big thank you to DUB Nutrition and Big John Rose who bought the uni's for us!

2 comments:

  1. The best part about that uniform picture was the countdown for tummy sucking. Those things are not flattering in any way at all. That's the first time I've worn one and let me tell you I'm sold! That was the most comfortable I've ever been in a race. Just as long as I couldn't see my reflection that is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfits!
    Who's the 6th person in the picture??

    ReplyDelete