Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Race #8 Lubbock Texas



Woke up nice an early and this time we camped right beside transition. We had plenty of time to get our things ready as we didn't have to drive to the race site. I was super relaxed today and had no expectations for the days events. My simple goals were to swim hard and chill out the rest of the day. I knew this was a hard course and I didn't need to stress my body any more than needed. Simple goal; cross the finish line and hopefully before coach Keena (he he).

The water temp was right at the maximum temperature to allow wetsuits and right at the last minute they allowed the field to use wetsuits. My wave went of early and I swam hard. I felt really good in the water and swam a personal best of 29:30, joining the sub 30 min club. Keena was super happy with my swim result and hers as well.

James - 29:30
Keena - 30:38

No comments:

Post a Comment